Mississaugua Golf and Country Club is one of Canada’s most prestigious and historic clubs, a place where its highly-regarded golf course is central to more than 100 years of greatness.
- One of Canada’s most noted and recognized private clubs, with a history of hosting the country’s top professional championships, Mississaugua is where modern amenities meet timeless charm.
- Focused on golf, but offering other activities, including tennis, curling and bridge, Mississaugua’s location a very short distance from the QEW highway, makes it a club that’s easily accessible with options for the entire family.
- At its heart is the club’s golf course, which is ranked in the Top 50 in Canada by SCORE Golf magazine, and in the Top 1,000 in the world in the Rolex Guide.
- Additionally, history is matched with modern amenities in Mississaugua’s clubhouse, which has been renovated, but with a foundation based on its initial 1912 incarnation. Recent alterations, including the addition of a classic pub and golf simulators during the winter, make Mississaugua the perfect retreat from the demands of everyday life.
- Regarded as one of Canada’s most historic and significant golf clubs, Mississaugua’s golf course is a natural jewel hidden in an urban setting.With a history on the property of more than 100 years, Mississaugua offers a classic setting and style, with modern agronomy and conditioning. “Mississaugua’s physical attributes are as enviable as the unequalled calibre of its membership,” wrote John Gordon in The Great Golf Courses of Canada.
- An easy, charming walk, with holes regularly running along and over the Credit River, Mississaugua has tested the game’s best for decades. The club’s fabled “Big Chief”—the par 5 12th—bettered Jack Nicklaus on several instances, but the course has also created great winners.
- The flamboyant Walter Hagen, one of the game’s all-time greats, won the Canadian Open in 1931, followed seven years later by another legend, Sam Snead, who also won the country’s top tournament. But Mississaugua is anything but a relic of the past. It remains a challenge and delight for those who play it, and is rare in presenting options and shots that golfers of varied abilities can achieve.
- The course’s greens were rebuilt in 2007, and now are regularly regarded as among the best in the Greater Toronto Area. According to Canadiangolfer.com, the rebuilt greens brought, “a level of consistency and conditioning to the club that had not been seen in years.” The natural landscape dominates the features of Mississaugua, starting with the opening holes that plunge into the valley surrounding the Credit River. It is here that greatness abounds, including the incredible run on holes that play over and along the river, starting at the par 4 7th, and running through to the par 3 10th.
- The final hole is one of the best closers in Canada, with its green set on the edge of the valley and perched in front of the club’s outdoor patio. Every great course tells its story over 18 holes. Mississaugua’s tale is unveiled throughout the round, culminating in a conclusion that is unforgettable.